Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 6 - My Favorite Food

I am highly sensitive to any form of animal suffering. I can't watch Nature without being nearly brought to tears when a lion tackles a gazelle and eats it. I audibly make a "tsk" what-a-pity sound whenever I see roadkill. I can't bear it when Roo drops the cat from high places to see if she'll land on her feet.

By all accounts I should be a vegetarian.

Yet here it is--my favorite food:

I try not to think of the poor cow who was sacrificed for my filet; thankfully the succulent, tender flavor tends to drown out most of my guilt.

3 comments:

Deja said...

This is like Sam (the husband). He all but weeps at roadkill, calls me heartless if I ever refuse a kitty my diligent affection, but he loves steak. He was briefly vegetarian ... not any more.

sarahmichael said...

I remeber when Granny once took us to Sizzler when we were probably 10 or 11 and you got a steak. I remember thinking what kind of kid gets a steak? Meat is for old people. I was busy eating only the french fries of my meal and crackers from the salad bar.

Mike + Mo said...

This is funny, I'm totally oposite, I love watching animals get mahled, spoting road kill is the coolest(not that I'd ever touch it)and gore in movies is great......and I love meat, but I can't eat too much of it. And when I eat it, I can't think about what I'm eating. I just have to enjoy the flavor.... Something about it makes me really nauseous... maybe its the texture...ugh... I can't talk about it any more....