Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 3 - My Favorite Book

No need for comprehensive lists and categories on this one. I have a favorite book:

Not to be confused with this one, which, judging by the cover, is not and never will be my favorite book despite the "I dare you not to love me" gaze on David's face:

Honorable mention goes to:

This is the only book to ever make me cry (before I was pregnant. I cry all the time now at books. I was a wreck while listening to A Tale of Two Cities in my car--poor, noble Sidney Carton heading to the guillotine while I sat in I-15 traffic...) Anyway, this book made me cry first because it was beautiful and poignant, and second because I wished so much that I had written it.

5 comments:

Mike + Mo said...

YES! I will put these at the top of my read list! I need some good books...

Lynn said...

I'm with you on these choices, two of the best!

Katie E. said...

Yea! David Copperfield, sigh. You're funny. I really want to read The Book Thief (someday, sigh). And "It is a far, far better thing that I do . . ."

Jesse C said...

Haven't read either, I'll have to check them out.

Amy said...

You know he is a legitimate illusionist when he can fit himself and sixteen other literary masters into one book - eat it Houdini.
-Jordan