Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How's the View?

Anyone who tells you that moving is fun is probably just trying to sell you something. 
Moving is exhausting, physically and emotionally. And even more so when it requires you to drive across Nevada. Last weekend we packed up as much as we could fit in two cars and a truck and trekked across the desert. Nevada makes me nervous to begin with, but Nevada late at night plus anxious dogs in the seat next to you and a never-ending stretch of freeway made me hate nothing more than Nevada that night. Thankfully, the view that awaited us made the 400 hour trip seem worth it:

Here is a picture of our apartment complex taken from our balcony. The bridge in the background is the Bay Bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge is behind the hill to the right. The city of Sausalito is next to all the sail boats. And here is the view at night.


We could not have moved without the help of my parents. My dad was a hero for agreeing to drive across Nevada on his birthday, and mom was a hero for surviving the night we spent in a Winemucca hotel.
On Sunday we took a drive up the coast to the Point Reyes lighthouse. Once again, the views did not disappoint:


I had to give my brain a rest as it was being overloaded by mind-bogglingly beautiful nature vistas. So I closed my eyes and thought of Nevada. 

7 comments:

Deja said...

Lucky folks, you.

I have a crush on that tree, in particular--the one that looks like it's yearning for Nevada, too.

Mike and Emily said...

What beauty! How long are you there for again?

Sarah said...

Hey now we are only 6 hours away! Lets get together soon!!! Welcome to CALI!!!

Emily said...

Wow Wow Wow! I hope you guys have a blast there! Awesome pictures.

Brittney said...

I have to agree I too am not a fan of nevada- but so glad you made it. Those pictures of the view looked awesome!

Jesse C said...

I spent a summer selling all over Nevada, and I can sympathize. It was brutal. Those views are really nice.

Katie E. said...

You have Spectacular Views!