Sunday, May 24, 2009

Muir Woods

About 15 minutes away from our house is Muir Woods National Monument. Last week we decided to go check it out.

The quiet woods are full of cathedral-like groves of Redwood trees. You have to crane your neck to see the vaulted sky above.


I am not just a tree-hugger, I'm a tree-kisser. 
(let's not think about how many tourist finger have touched that spot...)

Here is Roo considering some of the wildlife we saw in this ancient, primeval forest:

And then we found the ocean nearby.


4 comments:

Jillien said...

I often find the random family of dinosaurs while out camping! Awesome of you to have gotten footage!

JM

Deja said...

I looovvvveeee Muir Woods. I was just telling Sam today that we need to go there. And there you are.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

All those ocean pictures make me so jealous. Love the updates. Keep them coming. I'm in Utah now. Wish you guys were here.

Amy said...

Looks gorgeous! I can't believe you found Dinosaur characters...LUCKY!