Sunday, July 8, 2012

London

In 2005 we spent ten days in London during our Study Abroad. I believe it was around that time they announced that London would be hosting the 2012 summer Olympics. I remember wondering, or hoping really, that I might get to come back; how much I would have loved to be back in 2012 or 2020 or anytime at all--I just wanted to come back! So as Roo and I were taking the train together into Victoria Station a couple weeks ago (grandparents were wonderful to watch the babies that day for us!) I was amazed at where I was. Truly in awe. I watched the chimneys and brick houses and trees in the streaming rain pass by out the window and thought of the last seven years and how I can't believe that we actually made it back. As much as I would have hoped it, I don't think seven years ago I ever would have realistically imagined myself here today. And that's what I love about life--the surprise of finding yourself somewhere you never imagined.

In St. James Park, June 2005 (Rockin' the double braids with a killer bandana)
At the same spot in the same park, June 2012









4 comments:

Lynn said...

Your life has been a series of dreams come true, starting with Roo (who is very instrumental in making all the other dreams come true).

London is amazing.

jordan said...

That 2005 shot looks like you are off on your first Sea Shepherd campaign. I agree with Mom - once you are within 50 feet of Roo, your dreams start to come true. Don Aslett says it has something to do with his teeth. I think he has some innate powers that are usually only evidenced on the basketball or volleyball court.

Grannie G said...

My dream of seeing England is over the hill and out of sight. I will live it vicariously through you and thank you for sharing so much.

Deja said...

I do so love it that you're there. Welcome back.