Friday, August 28, 2009

Why Roo Rules

This afternoon, I received this email at work. (For background, see the second half of the previous post below.)

Hi Annie,

I know that it was stupid of me to delete the photos without having backed them up first. I'm sorry. However, even though I am stupid often, I wanted to remind you that you are married to me, and with that comes some good things too. To illustrate I wrote a formula:
Nerd + Computer Geek + Don't Give Up Easily + Star Wars Rules = These attached (and 10,000 other recovered) pictures.

I love you!
Roo

He recovered all our pictures from the netherworld of cyber-limbo!

To sum up my response: cheering and smiling and love.

10 comments:

Lynn said...

What fantastic news!!! Roo is absolutely the best I.T. guy in our world! I was sure the pictures couldn't be really lost forever, not with Roo around, he never gives up.

Amy said...

Yea! How amazing!

Katie E. said...

That's amazing. I think Roo officially deserves Jedi Master status on that one (if he hasn't already obtained it). For clarity's sake, did Roo apply rules from Star Wars in reclaiming your lost/stolen property or was that just a statement about the general awesomeness of Star Wars. Yea again!

Karen said...

the Force is with him!

Kathie said...

Awesome! I had to laugh when I read this because it is totally something Jim would write. It must run in the family.

Kathie said...

Roobi-won-kenobi

Kathie said...

Just so you know that last comment was really from Jim.

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Sam's been reformatting our computer lately trying to turn John Mayer on in ITunes. I'm going to start backing things up right now. Thanks for the heads up.

The Marcons said...

Oh you two and your stories make me so happy sometimes. Thanks for the afternoon chuckle and glad the pictures were saved. I wanted to cry for you when I thought of the tragedy. Way to go Roo.

Jesse C said...

That's great. I'm glad you got them back. We need to back up our pictures.