Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Turn to be the Tour Guides


We were very excited a few weeks ago to have some visitors! Besides the maintenance guy who came to fix the screen door, my parents and brother and sister-in-law came to visit and see the sights. We loved being able to show them around and have some company! Here we are eating lunch at Pier 39. (Roo appears to have had too much to drink...)

We took the ferry to Alcatraz, which turned out to be one of the most interesting places ever. I'll never watch "The Rock" again and not think of our time there. (But let's be honest, I probably won't ever watch "The Rock" again anyway...)

Here I am doing my best to look perky next to this decrepit prison cell where some lonely soul was confined for days on end with only his guilty conscience for company.

Dad and Roo in the recreation yard.

We also went to the Legion of Honor art museum. The building was as impressive as the art it contained.

Sculpture by Rodin

This picture reminded me of home for some reason...
This is what the art sees:
This is Alamo Square and one of my new favorite places. The view of the city is really fantastic.
Plus there were really cute families like this one having picnics there:
It made me glad I had my family with me. Thanks, family, for coming and letting us be your tour guides!

5 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I loved the dog picture and Full House. Troy will definitely be reading this post.

Mike and Emily said...

I thought I recognized that neighborhood....oh the Tanners. How I miss thee.

Emily said...

Isn't that the park where Mike Meyers tells Harriet that he's afraid she's going to k-leave him?

Lynn said...

And what great tour guides you were! We especially enjoyed the off-the-beaten-path eating establishments you took us to (I think this sentence end with a dangling participle).

Jesse C said...

That is totally the shot from Full House! I'll be honest, I've never met your dogs, but they scare me.