Monday, June 8, 2009

Golden Gate Park


Today I made my first expedition into Golden Gate Park--a massive expanse of wandering forest trails and quiet, green lawns in the middle of the city. This is the conservatory of the flowers. It was closed today, so I admired the elegant structure then continued into the park.

I came upon a grove of carefully maintained trails, trees, and flowers. Throughout were stones like this one set as pretty memorials to remind casual observers like me of someone who had died of AIDS.



I made my way through all the silent stone and rustling trees back to the flower conservatory. I had just sat down when I was surprised by the deep, rich sound of a saxophone filling up the silence. I looked behind me--the musician paced back and forth in the dark and the tunnel sang its slow, resonant song to me.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not sure how you can look at these pictures and think you don't have an eye for photography! This is beautiful and this park in definitely on my must see list.

Katie E. said...

I think this might just be the coolest park in the world! I love Burns . . . and a whole Shakespeare Garden . . . sigh . . .

Oh, the things you're seeing.

Mike and Emily said...

Lovely place. If we're ever there, we'll have to check it out! I love the pictures!

Lynn said...

Now I really wish that we had taken time to park the car and wander through the park when we had the chance. Did you make it to the Japanese Tea garden?

Brittney said...

Isn't that park cool- I never went there for some reason. But your pictures make it look great! Like someone else said earlier you really do have an eye for photography!

And great idea on selling Tai's "special" murals! I'll send you some to sell!