Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Because We Couldn't Get Tickets to Britney...

Yesterday we were in the mood for some live music.

The Delta Center was pretty crowded with pre-teen Britney fans, so we had to settle for one of my very favorite in the whole world bands who was playing across the street at the Depot--TRAVIS.
Roo's heroic effort to stand in line in the rain for a few hours paid off with this being our view of the stage:
And it got even better once the band came on:
Some little known facts about TRAVIS:
1) that they exist. The majority of people have never heard of this amazing Scottish band despite the fact that they are not only awesome but can seriously rock.  Their relative obscurity in the States is okay with me, though. I wouldn't have had this view in an arena...
2) No one in the band is actually named Travis. Perhaps this explains their limited popularity. Most Americans just can't wrap their head around the idea of a band naming themselves after none of themselves...so they turn to more straightforward choices--like Britney.
3) The lead singer let me touch his leg.


Here is Fran paying homage to Britney by singing his version of "Hit Me Baby One More Time".
This version did not use any fireworks or choreographed hip thrusts as the one going on across the street probably did, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves. I just hope next time we see Travis that they consider at least wearing sequined body suits and exotic snakes. 

8 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Annie--I love their version of "Hit me Baby One more time" What sweet seats you had!

sarahmichael said...

Hey I like Travis. They have some pretty good songs. Where was my invite?

sarahmichael said...

Oh and the comment from Michael is from Sarah (and Michael) Taylor

Deja said...

I like me some Travis, too. Killer seats. Bravo Roo.

Jesse C said...

Having been to a Britany show, I'm sure you made the right choice.

Katie E. said...

You got to touch his leg! What a dream come true! This post reminds me—I need to explore Travis because they're one of my good friend Annie's favorite bands. I've been meaning to do that for like ever; she generally has good taste.

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Hey, how coincidental! Jacob and I were across the street rockin' out to Brittany's version of Travis' "Closer". It was FULL of hip thrusts--Jake didn't get to touch her leg, though.

Amy said...

That was pretty sweet. I still think you guys should start rolling your pants up.