Sunday, April 19, 2009

Comic Sans walks into a bar...

the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type." 

There is a world-wide movement to ban Comic Sans after what the members of the movement call an "epidemic of abuse." 

Soon you will have to find another font to make your Relief Society bulletin look "cute". If you want Comic Sans on your headstone, you'll need to die immediately. This is your last chance to send an anecdotal email in 36 pt., bright magenta Comic Sans for all your friends to forward. Because, as the New York Times explains, "The font, a casual script designed to look like comic-book lettering, is the bane of graphic designers, other aesthetes and Internet geeks." And the movement is gaining momentum. Comic Sans, after ten years of world domination, is about to be overthrown in one great bloodless coup. So you better get Comic Sans out of your system while you can.

I plan on wearing this shirt in memoriam:



3 comments:

adam said...

Great post.

Brittney said...

haha! You are so funny and I have to say I am guilty for using said font! But now that you brought it up that font really is over used!

Jesse C said...

I cringe when I see that font. I am the benefactor of a plethora of email fowards from my mom, 90% of wich are in purple 72pt Comic Sans!!!!!!!!!
REALLY!!!!!!! I HATE FORWARDS, BUT YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!