Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pretty Penny


 Penny is walking. She takes tentative and shaky steps then, when she's in a hurry, she drops to the floor and crawls at full speed--a professional crawler now.

She loves it when Roo snorts like a pig and she tries to copy him. Her snort is more like a growl.

Penny is strong-willed and independent. Sometimes she seems to be living in a world of her own. I find myself looking at her sometimes as though I'm seeing her for the first time--I wonder what is going on in her head. Unlike her sister, she isn't an open book. I'm thrilled by every new expression, every tentative step, every funny sound, every fleshy cuddle, and every bright, blue gaze.




4 comments:

Emily Wright said...

She is so cute! Elliott was laughing at her funny faces. We can't wait to meet her this summer!

Amy said...

Those pictures are perfection! Are they with your new lens? Oh, she is just to die for!

Lynn said...

What adorable pictures! Penny still looks so much like Roo to me, a cuter version of course.

Grannie G said...

Such a darling little girl! But I do see a curious little imp there too. I expect you will learn a lot from her.