Monday, May 6, 2013

A Major Award


When I was 11, I won an award for writing a story about a magic cow.  I used to believe that was the pinnacle of my writing career.

Until now.

Heather nominated this blog (an, by extension, me) for a Liebster Award. Now, when I first saw this, I was excited. I thought, "Hey, this is great! Someone nominated me for this award--and I don't even like lobster! I'm so honored!

But it's not the lobster award (and I was quite relieved when I realized. It would have been hard to hide my obvious distaste for that particular crustacean when accepting it...) It's the Liebster Award. Liebster means 'dearest' in German. So coming to the point here, this blog is not only read by more than my mom and grandma, it is actually dear to someone besides them.

The actual award is not money or candy or seafood, instead I get to answer some questions about myself then tag my own favorite blogs to do the same. Okay, here it goes:

Five Likes:
1. Winning awards
2. This Capybara












3. Living at a time when smallpox just isn't really an issue.
4. The ocean
5. Fresh fruit

Five Dislikes:
1. Lobster.
2. Child beauty pageants
3. Realizing you have ants crawling inside your shorts. (Speaking from experience.)
4. Being pressured to participate in the Boot Scootin' Boogie.
5. Acid washed, high-waisted short shorts with black tights underneath. I'm talking to you, every teenage English girl!

If you were a color, what would you be and why?
This is in no way a racial statement: white.
As for why, no matter what I say, it is going to sound racist. White is awesome. White is best. White is like the ruler of all the other colors. See? I'm not treading that turf.

What is your dream vacation?
Renting a cottage by the sea, seeing castles, eating at nice restaurants, and going for long drives.
OR
Disneyland 


What do you do to relax?
Watch trashy entertainment gossip shows. And then read books to rid myself of the yucky feeling that gave me. I also need naps.


How do you cope with stress?
By hyperventilating, crying, blowing everything way, way out of proportion, then falling asleep.

If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
Take a nap, read some, go on a long walk through the countryside, watch a good movie, get a massage because I've never had one.


Nominate some other lobster blogs:

The Scampering Horse - This is the blog of my funny friend who studied abroad with us in England. http://scamperinghorse.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Deja Vu -  Another friend from my England group. She is experiencing new motherhood and is very adept at observing it in an elegant way. http://dejavuearley.blogspot.co.uk/





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you totally deserved this award. I have some friends who read your blog (because they found it on mine) and love it, and they don't even know you.

Grannie G said...

I've thought about what color I would be and decided on a rainbow. In my next life I may be a chameleon so I can change colors whenever I want to.

Lynn said...

Just what exactly is there to like about capybara? I am your mom and your blog is very dear to me and even if I wasn't your mom, it would still be dear to me. You have a way with words that make us laugh or cry!(And you have really cute girls)