Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This and That

Here are some miscellaneous goings-on from the past few weeks:

We had our 8th wedding anniversary. So we celebrated by going to the beach. I also got Roo a Lord of the Rings map...to symbolize the long journey we, too, have been on during our marriage...not really. I just got it because he's always dropping hints about wanting one.
We had a bank holiday, and after playing at a park with friends, we decided to go for a drive. Going for a drive in England is a good idea, because on our way, we happened upon a town fair with a petting zoo, dog show, chocolates and one-man-band.




We kept driving. The countryside was gorgeous. Then we came upon a cute, hilly, picturesque town.



 On the way back, we took a shortcut through the woods and saw this mysterious abandoned building. Cool.


Other happenings:

Penny blew out in the Bumbo. (I bet you're glad you stuck around to see this one!)




Esme sat in a plastic bin.
We ate at a good pub.

 

We bought food at the town food festival.



And Esme went for a walk with Belle, then with an owl.




5 comments:

TJ said...

I really enjoy being in England vicariously through you. However, I did not enjoy the bumbo blowout.

That mysterious abandoned building screamed Watcher in the Woods to me. Perhaps the scariest movie of my life.

Lynn said...

Quaint English life for you. I love the stroller pictures!

Rosanne said...

I about threw up my soupy chocolate ice cream at that blowout picture. Ugh. The rest of the pictures were great!

Merfy said...

What a great adventure you are having!

WhitParks said...

The blow out was amazing! Esme's hair is getting so long and full and beautiful. No way you like there! It is so amazing to see what its like there! Its like you are vacationing daily! But not, I know :)