Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our Christmas


We were very lucky to have Grandma and Papa Tutu and Natalee with us for the week. We spent Christmas Eve eating dinner, looking at pictures, eating treats (namely peppermint bark), and opening a few gifts. Then we turned off the fire so we could watch While You Were Sleeping.

I was in charge of our Christmas feast. On Christmas Eve we had ham, potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls, fruit salad, and a chocolate cream pie. Considering my experience with the peppermint bark, I expected making a ham for the first time would cause the house to explode or something; however, everything turned out wonderfully. I was very, very proud of myself, I'm not ashamed to say.
Here is our array of treats.

90% of those presents were for her. (Just kidding :) Through most of November and December, we were finding more pressing needs for our Christmas money, so I really wasn't expecting us to have many gifts at all. So I felt extremely grateful and blessed on Christmas not only to have gifts for everyone but especially to have our family with us! It was so wonderful!


The rest of the week mainly consisted of:

Games


The Houston Temple
Movies

Shopping
And lots and lots and lots of eating!

So all in all, it was one of the best weeks of the whole year!

5 comments:

Rosanne said...

I hear you in my head as if you're reading me your posts. Hope that not creepy - you have a very real style of writing. Plus, you are hilarious. win-win

Jesse C said...

Looks like it was a great week. Apparently, everybody who is anybody went to True Grit on Christmas. It was great.

Freckles Phillips said...

Lots and lots and LOTS of eating.
It was awesome! Thanks for being a great cook and hostess. We miss you guys. :)

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Nice fireplace. Better of Dead much?

Lynn said...

Cool fireplace, literally. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas week, your first so far from "home". When you were little you always wanted to be a baker, so now you're living the dream. I am happy for you!