Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's a Girl...Part 2

Roo seems to think we are having an alien; however, I happen to know for a fact that our baby is a human girl. My proof is in the ultrasound picture below:

Further proof that Roo is the father: she was actually reading Pride & Prejudice on her I-Pad.

We found out on Tuesday. Roo and my mom were both there with me. I won't try to convey all my feelings about the experience except to say that it was one of the most extraordinary things I've ever seen--there was my baby, moving her arms and crossing her legs inside me, wiggling around so much it made the ultrasound technician a little frustrated. It was the first time I had seen her, but I already loved her so much.

When I got home from work that day, Roo and mom made up this nice little congratulatory arrangement which included some clothes, a blanket, a doll, and, more specifically, our baby's very first Star Wars doll--a tiny Aunt Beru action figure, blue milk in hand (that's what I'm holding in the picture). And I felt so safe and happy to realize that I was not the only one who would love this baby.

10 comments:

The Marcons said...

I am so happy for you! You and I both deserve lot's of daughters to make up for the sister-less world we grew up in. I'm glad she is healthy and I can't wait for her arrival!

The Bowes said...

I am very excited for you! Girls are so great! I am glad things are going well. I can't wait to see her this summer! Have you thought of any names yet???

TJ said...

You look soooo cute! I love that your little girl already has an I-pad, fetus' around the world are jealous.

Mike + Mo said...

Annie, You look soo cute! Im lovin all the updates! Im so excited for you both!

Lynn said...

I think baby girl might have to leave the I-pad in mommy because it could be more than you want to deal with to get both the baby and I-pad out...

So thrilled to be able to see the ultra sound with you!!!

Amy said...

Does this mean Roo is getting the i-Pad then? We are so so so excited for you guys!

KTE said...

She has such good taste! Congrats, Annie. I'm really so happy for you.

Tiffany said...

I can't believe she has an iPad already! Your kid is so spoiled!

Dangcutekids said...

Annie you look awesome. The baby looks great too. Hurray for girls! You two will be the best parents. We can't wait to meet her someday!

Grannie G said...

Oh, Annie and Roo, I am so happy for you and thrilled to have another great-grandaughter. She just can't help but be adorable. Love you all so much. Grannie