Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random notes on music...

I'm generally never inspired to clean. But tonight I put on some really great tunes, turned up the ipod and found my kitchen sparkling a little while later. I would like to thank the following songs:

1. London Calling - The Clash (I never get tired of this one. It makes me want to march...or riot.)
2. There There - Radiohead
3. All That She Wants - Ace of Base (why did I ever stop listening to Ace of Base?)
4. Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon (scandalously named, but seriously good.)
5. Silent Sigh - Badly Drawn Boy (from the About a Boy soundtrack. If you haven't heard it, you need to.)
6. Kids - MGMT (it will make you want to live your life.)
7. The Engine Driver - The Decemberists (a little more mellow, but totally genuine)
8. Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron and Wine (yes, it is from the Twilight soundtrack and girls all across America swoon when they hear it. I am no exception. It is brilliant.)
9. Black and White Town - the Doves
10. S.O.S - ABBA (no list is complete without ABBA)

2 comments:

TJ said...

Did you mean why did you ever START listening to Ace of Base?

Jesse C said...

That is a really nice list of songs. I actually enjoy doing chores if there is a healthy dose of awesome music banging on my ear drums.