Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another Rooism...

Roo likes to talk about kangaroos. So yesterday while I was cutting his hair, he was going on and on about the general awesomeness of kangaroos. Hoping to catch him in a trap and expose his vanity, I asked him why he likes kangaroos so much (suspecting it had something to do with his own name…).

Annie: Why do you like kangaroos so much?
Roo [defensive]: well, can you think of anything better than a kangaroo?
Annie [condescending]: I don’t know…maybe Peace.
Roo [sassy]: yeah, well does Peace have a pouch?

(ah snap)

Since Peace is not a marsupial, my argument was rendered invalid, and I had to accept the general superiority of Kangaroos over Peace.

8 comments:

TJ said...

it is what it is

p.s. annie, I'm totally falling in blog love with you. you are soooo funny. It's a little gay, but that's cool, right?

jordan said...

who would win a polar bear or kangaroo?...you didn't let me finish, they are fighting on an iceberg in the arctic ocean.

Lizzie Jones said...

More! More!

Deja said...

does peace have a pouch, indeed.

you married a funny man.

Mike and Emily said...

If peace DID have a pouch...that would be pretty cool.

John-Maren Goodman said...

I love reading your blog...Your Rooisms are hysterical!~ Best blog of the day!!!

Lynn said...

Where did you get the picture of the kangaroo punching a girl? Too funny!

Katie E. said...

elliespen, my friend whom you must meet, would like to submit duct tape as superior to kangaroos. "It may not have a pouch, but: Can a kangaroo fix a toilet? Can a kangaroo hold a dresser together? Does a kangaroo hold the WORLD together?"
It also makes a handy analogy for the force (dark side, light side, holds the world together, and so forth). Duct tape, that is. Not kangaroos.