Friday, February 1, 2013

Slim Pickins

Today I read this quote by Isabel Allende on someone else's blog: Give, give, give--what is the point of having experience, knowledge or talent if I don't give it away? Of having stories if I don't tell them to others? 

Roo keeps telling me to blog more; but, to be honest, the month of January has only offered meager scraps of stories to tell from the Phillips household. Regardless, let me give, give, give what I can conjure.


One time a couple weeks ago it snowed, which, if you live here, that's a big deal. They sent us home from church early. There were about three inches of snow accumulated on the grass. The end.

Once upon a time, we built a fire in our fireplace; not so much to keep us warm, but because I like to poke and prod and mess with the flames. (This isn't as much a story as a mundane fact.) The end.


One time last week, Esmé threw up in the bathtub. The details are gory, so I will spare you. (No picture will accompany this story.) The end.

There was once a game on our ipad where you get to build your own gingerbread man. And one day, Esmé built a gingerbread man who looked just like Prince. The end.


See what I mean? The pickins are pretty slim...

6 comments:

Grannie G said...

Thanks for sharing your slim pickins- BTY that is the name of a western singer of long ago. I really needed a laugh this morning :))

Amy said...

I can totally relate to feeling like there isn't much blog-worthy stuff going on. BUT...at the same time, it is the day-to-day stuff that I love to read about and see. And, even with your claim that there isn't much going on, you just wrote down multiple things worth blogging about :-).

Deja said...

He's a total Prince look-alike! I'm deeply impressed.

Lynn said...

Even your "slim pickins" gave me a laugh. Your blog brightened my day! I love the picture of by the fire warming Calico.

Emily Wright said...

thanks for giving - the prince story made me laugh out loud quite heartily.

Lizzie Jones said...

hahahahahaha times a thousand.