Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bodiam Castle

There is the slightest hint of spring in England lately. It is no longer pitch dark at 4:30 pm; color has reappeared in the form of tiny yellow daffodils popping up; the sun came out a few times. To take advantage of the good(ish) weather, and to get out of the house after a long, especially tough week, we drove an hour and a half to Bodiam Castle in Kent.

Add caption
Feeding the ducks. Ducks intimidate me, so here I am showing the duck I mean no harm and hoping it won't peck at me.





The castle was so picturesque--the ideal medieval castle complete with moat and drawbridge. Isn't Penny so cute?

Esmé is also cute!



The ruins


At the top of the tower.



The well

Sweet Penny!




Eating lunch in the cafe.


5 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like it was a perfect outing. We are counting down until we come to see you! Only 5 more weeks!

Grannie G said...

Thanks again Annie - now I can see how people kept in shape. What an amazing place to live without any modern conveniences.

Emily Wright said...

Your girls are so cute! This is the first castle I went to see when in England and it is still one of my favorites.

Lynn said...

I want to go see this castle too! The pictures of everyone are so cute.

Heidi Hutchings said...

It's so beautiful but it looks like you had the castle to yourself! Was there anyone else around??? The girls are so beautiful and getting so big. I can believe Penny is 1 year old! Hope you guys are doing well!