Monday, October 1, 2012

Switzerland: Day 3 and 4


 Day 3 in Switzerland was sunny and gorgeous. Roo, Reed, and I took the cable car up the mountain, then hiked back down. It was spectacular and really steep. We all had very sore legs and knees by the end, but it was worth it!


 

After making it back down the mountain, everyone went to get lunch while I took a nap.  Meanwhile, Esmé found a trampoline and had a good time jumping away.

That night we had a good dinner and watched a movie out on our balcony. 

The next day was drizzly and cold, but perfect for an indoor swim. Once we had our fill of swimming, we packed up our suitcases and bid farewell to Murren. It was back on the train, down the cable car, in the van to the airport (with a brief stop at the Bern Temple), onto the plane, on the bus to long-term parking, then 30 minutes in the car to home. Yes, it was a long trip home--especially when Esmé had a full-on screaming tantrum on the way to the airport and we had to pull over to change Penny's poopy diaper. 

But, I bet you guess whether I thought it was worth it or not...




I took this picture from my bed while I was resting. Kind of hard to sleep when you don't want to stop looking at your view.







 



4 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

I loved looking at all your pictures of Switzerland and Murren. That was probably our favorite place in Europe! We could drive down (which made the trip much easier) but we visited Lauterbrunnen and Murren maybe 6 times while we were there and still couldn't get enough! I'm so glad you had a good time (despite the logistics!) It looks like it was beautiful while you were there!

Grannie G said...

What a marvelous, unforgettable trip! Annie and Roo I admire you so much. I never would have had the courage to take two little ones on such a trip. But I know it was worth it!!

Lynn said...

Such a great adventure! Thanks for taking pictures to share with us. I know that is just one more thing to do, but it means so much!

Dangcutekids said...

WOW! Your pictures are incredible. What an adventure you are having. I'm so impressed that you are getting out to enjoy it even with two small girlies. Thanks for sharing these amazing photos. Keep them coming! You all look so great.