Tuesday, February 7, 2012

An Unexpected Party

When I came home from work last Friday I was instantly transported back to the Third Age of Middle Earth. Annie surprised me with earth toned balloons at the granite counter-topped Prancing Pony. Some close ups below show the details of her knowledge (and love) of not only me, but all things Tolkien. The food was enjoyed with one of my best birthday presents....a Lord of the Rings movie marathon. Thanks Annie for the best birthday party ever!! 






In addition to the party, Annie wrote a special card for my 30th birthday...

30 Reasons We Love Roo:
1. No one else gets my Lord of the Rings jokes
2. You are so handsome
3. You play sports like a pro
4. You get us to have fun
5. You have adorable eye wrinkles
6. You eat my cookies
7. You make us cookies
8. You can swing Esmé onto the bed
9. You are an amazing father
10. Your sense of humor is impeccabe
11. You know how to get what you want in life
12. You always come to a complete stop at stops signs
13. You honor your priesthood
14. You're good at raking leaves
15. I know you'd do anything for me and Esmé
16. You help me feel brave
17. You draw funny (see earlier post)
18. You're unlike anyone else
19. Even though you have a crush on "Vanessa" from Selling LA, I know you still love me best
20. You can fix things
21. You're ambitious
22. I can trust you
23. You are a loyal friend
24. If you had a chance to take the One Ring, I don't think you'd do it
25. If you did take the One Ring for yourself, you'd use it for good
26. You're smart
27. You have tact
28. I feel safe with you
29. You're my soul mate
30. You know who McKennas Cole is (Alias)

4 comments:

Annie said...

Roo is a pretty lucky guy.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Happy Birthday Rook. I think 24 and 25 are especially important. Very cool party.

Amy said...

Holy Cow, Annie. You are SO creative. Both Jordan & I were pretty jealous as Roo was texting him about the party.

Heather said...

Roo IS a pretty lucky guy! I know of know other human on earth (or any other realm) who would go to such lengths to make him happy. Well done, Annie. Well done.