Saturday, June 18, 2011

To All the Fathers in my Life:

Thank you for teaching me what a good man should be.

I love you!



It was Esmé's bedtime one evening, and Roo had volunteered to put her down. I happened to pass by her bedroom door and I saw the two of them there. Roo was holding her, her tiny fist was grasping his shoulder, and he was holding each of her stuffed animals up to her face, having them tell her goodnight. He picked up her little kangaroo and her little Aunt Beru action figure and Esmé touched them. I just watched the two of them together and I thought, this might be one of the best moments of the day, or the week, or really, of my life.

Thank you, Roo, for being such an exceptional 'dada'!


3 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Very nice. BTW, I taught Roo everything he knows.

Lynn said...

What a beautiful post! It made me cry. Roo thanks for being such a great husband and father.

Deja said...

That does sound like one of those life moments. So lovely. Happy Father's Day to Roo.