Saturday, December 4, 2010

13 (by: Roo)

A conversation and more between Roo & Annie.....

Morning:

Roo: Good morning Annie.
Annie: Good morning Roo.
Roo: Want to hear about my dream last night?
Annie: Sure
Roo: I gave Esme the Holy Ghost (at age 5 months).
Annie:

Evening:

Roo: Annie, do you want to hear what I was doing with my life at age 13?
Annie: Umm, is it depressing?
Roo: I didn't have any friends. I spent most of my time on the
computer. I downloaded the Anarchist's cookbook and studied how to
build time delay fuses. I built Star Wars models, and I watched Star
Wars hourly, with an occasional viewing of the movie Hackers.

Annie: (Laughing or crying, not sure).
Roo: (Defensively, and to restore some dignity) But I could beat
anyone at any sport if they dared to challenge me.

Annie: Wow!
Roo: Well, let's hear about your awesome life at age 13 then!

Annie: I didn't have any friends. All I did (and all I wanted to do)
was stay in my bedroom, do jigsaw puzzles, and listen to Celine Deon
on my walkman.

Roo: (Laughing empathetically) We truly were meant for each other. To
celebrate our lives at 13, let's watch Hackers?!

Annie: Umm, is it... (interrupted)
Roo: Full of e-mischief and totally awesome? Heck yeah it is!

8PM: Start watching hackers
9PM: Stop watching hackers, feel dirty and sick

Roo: Let's go to bed
Annie: Good idea

1AM:
Roo:j....jj...Jj....JJ....JJ!!!!!!
Annie: Roo! What's wrong?!
Roo: (Sweaty, scared and freaked out) Ohh! My dream! I was dreaming
about you....and then you turned into my brother JJ.....and then you
started bashing my head in!

Annie: (Puts her arm around Roo and tries to comfort whilst trying to
forget anything that happened in the previous 24 hours.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow, what a weird 24 hours for you two! Hope things start to look up! And by the way, you were meant for each other.

Katie E. said...

Sage advice, never revisit the age of 13. Thanks for the tale of woe.

Peter said...

Annie, only some of this is true. Roo and I have been friends for more than twenty years. But he did definitely spend time on the computer with a dude named Paul Anaya. JJ and I used to refer to him as Chaz, when he was doing his computer. Roo was also an early adopter of the DVD which JJ and I could not understand.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I can definitely confirm that what he says about age 13 is all true...and yes, he could kick my butt in racketball if I dared to challenge him.

J.J. Phillips said...

Roo would definitely beat me in ping pong as well as mariokart and Madden football. That is probably why I often bashed his head in during the night while he was sleeping.

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't stop giggling... You two are the best!