Thursday, July 22, 2010

Face Time

Since I became a mother, I've gotten really good at interpreting my baby's expressions.

For example:

Annie: So Esmé, what did you think of Iron Man 2?

Esmé:
(Interpretation: While Robert Downey Jr. gave an adequate enough performance, I found the overall plot to be less than compelling.)

Annie: Hey Esmé, what does an elephant wear to the pool? Swimming trunks.

Esmé:
(Interpretation: Mom, your sense of humor is impeccable!)


Esmé:
(Interpretation: I am pooping.)


6 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Wow...she is darling. Are you guys still in the area? When do you head to the big state?

Amy said...

Oh. My. Goodness. She is so dang cute.

Grace said...

I can't believe how fast you've picked up on baby. Plus, Esme's insight into life is just amazing in one so young.

Jesse C said...

Hilarious. She is a cutie.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

I would have interpreted that last one as "Blue Steel", but you know best.

Dangcutekids said...

She's so amazingly you and Roo, and so gorgeous! I love the close up with her big open eyes. What a doll. So happy to hear she's sleeping well and eating well, and you're healing too. What a relief!