Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Year Older



My birthday was last Friday, the 11th. Besides a sweet watch and some pretty flowers, I also bought a new sweater vest...thing. I think it looks like something a Hun or a conquering barbarian would've worn to sack Rome, but Roo assured me that it was cool, so I kept it.

We celebrated by attending two great concerts. They were pretty much the same except at the first one we looked like this:

The concert looked like this (The Greek Theater in Berkeley):

It sounded like this:


And there was this totally amazing rainbow arching over the theater! It rained a little, but that just made it even more beautiful outside.

Here I am posing with the rainbow (you can't see it very well in this picture) and wondering why no one else seems to care about the rainbow and realizing that they are all drunk and/or high and also worrying about the fact that they will be driving home tonight in their inebriated states:

And at the second concert on Monday, we looked like this:

And the concert (or what we could barely discern of it from our distant seats) looked like this:
And they sounded like this doing a most beloved cover:


We weren't actually planning on seeing this concert, but on Saturday night, we got an email from a lady in our ward trying to sell some tickets she wasn't going to use. Roo seemed to think that it was our charitable duty to take them off her hands, and I deemed it a birthday miracle, since Coldplay has been one of my favorites for many, many years. So we went, and had a fantastic time! 

It was a very happy birthday--or birth-weekend.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Annie. We are so glad you guys are semi-close to us. I'm excited to see this hun-like sweater vest of yours...

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sorry we didn't know or we would have sent you something! Also, I love how you yell at Lando at the end, I know that feeling!

Deja said...

Happy Birthday! I'm jealous of both concerts, especially the outdoor Death Cab with rainbow. Lovely!

Lynn said...

Wow, will you plan my birthday next year. You guys really know how to have a good time. I could use a lesson or two. The concerts looked awesome.

Lizzie Jones said...

This was my favorite part of you whole post: "Lando, SHUT UP!" Hahaa. And I am so jealous that you saw Coldplay. Wow.

Jesse C said...

Happy Birthday Annie. Those look like some pretty sweet concerts. When a birthday miracle presents itself, you have to take full advantage.