Sunday, May 4, 2008

Alive and Working



Roo and I have both started new jobs so we can pay for our new apartment. I am working as an administrative assistant at Uphill Corporation. The company makes all sorts of backpacks, laptop cases, art bags and even stadium cushions. Uphill does embroidery and supplies bags to most universities across the country (including the U and BYU) as well as the Church. The office is small and modest, but they are growing steadily, giving me tons and tons of work to do and lots to learn: invoicing, customer service, accounts payable, payroll, art design, getting art approvals, doing lots and lots of emailing, and licensing--and I have to water the plants. So, needless to say, I stay busy and so far, overwhelmed. On my first day, I was supposed to be busy filing, but after overhearing my boss talking movies with the I.T. guy, I put in my two cents--informing them that the movie they were trying to remember was called The African Queen. From then on, the I.T. guy kept asking my opinion on movies, and my boss was thoroughly impressed. Whether or not I can be an office assistant is still in question, but I can at least talk movies with the boss. So maybe things will be okay.

Roo is working at the U of U in the Geophysics department. They're mapping what's underneath the United States. Sometimes I wonder if they would rather be talking movies...

2 comments:

jim said...

We're really excited you guys have a blog. We don't get to hear what's going on with you guys to often. Keep the posts coming! :)

Heather said...

Well, your blog is just fabulous. I can't help but think how much more I would enjoy reading it if Lando was somehow absent....oh well, I guess someone has to show love (however misplaced it may be) to even the lowest and most pathetic of creatures. ();-D Love you guys!