Saturday, April 6, 2013

Box Hill

 March was cold. Just cold and dark and wet; it mocked us for thinking spring would come. And until today, I didn't believe it ever would. Thankfully, the sun came out. The wind became less bone-chillingly cold. And we dared venture out from huddling next to the radiator.

We went with our friends to Box Hill, which you may or may not know as the spot where Mr. Knightly chastises Emma ("Badly done, Emma! Badly done!"). Box Hill is a hill (obviously) that provides a nice view of the Surrey Hills. We drove to the top and had a look around then ate lunch in a lovely restaurant below the hill. It was beautiful!

I love England and always will, but the truth is, lately I've not been on great terms with it. Mainly because the weather feels like a joke sometimes. A cruel, cruel joke. I'm tired of the cold, the grey, the damp. But today, I rekindled my love. I couldn't help it! The sun on the landscape is like the light through a stained glass window. Colors and life and hope!








4 comments:

Lynn said...

Everyone is bundled in coats and Roo is wearing shorts (California sun must run in his veins). Glad you enjoyed a sunny day. These are such cute pictures.

Amy said...

I love that last picture! We miss you guys so much already!

sarahandmike said...

Maybe next time you should bring costumes and you could reenact scenes from the movie!

Grannie G said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely scenes of Box Hill. Now I must read Emma again soon. Love you beautiful family!