Friday, November 19, 2010

Roo's Accomplishments

As the great poet Ozzy Osbourne once penned: I was looking back on my life, and all the things I've done...I started to do the same. This is what I've come up with so far.

0. Climbed to the highest place in contiguous US: Mt. Whitney, CA.

1. Set foot in the deepest lake in England: Wastwater, the Lake District.

2. Passed through the lowest, hottest, and driest place in North America: Death Valley, CA.


Some other more life changing accomplishments that have shaped my character...

3. Enjoyed rides and entertainment in the largest indoor theme park in the world: Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi.



4. Shopped the largest mall in the world: Dubai Mall.

5. Watched friends ski down the largest indoor ski slope in the world: Mall of the Emirates, Dubai. (Sorry, I'm just not a skier).


6. Ascended the tallest building in the world: Burj Khalifa, Dubai.


And from the top of the tower at night:


7. Rode the fastest roller coaster in the world: Formula Rossa, Ferrari World.

8. Saw Twilight 7 times....in the theater. (While this may not be a general record, I challenge any other 28 year old male to admit their dominance in this category).



Some final/general records to help restore my dignity...

9. Married the most beautiful girl in the world:



10. Spawned the most beautiful baby girl in the world:


By the way, if thermodynamics can start a list with zero, so can I!

4 comments:

Annie said...

I can't believe "I met the guy who played Bib Fortuna" didn't make the list!

What an awesome husband! Excepting #8 on this list, I am so proud of all you've accomplished! I don't know how I feel about our baby being "spawned" though. It makes us sound like salmon. Also, who knew the tallest building in the world would look so much like Minas Tirith!

Lynn said...

It is interesting how many biggest, largest, amazing things and places are in such a small part of the world.
I agree with you on #9!

Dangcutekids said...

Wow you've had a busy month, well couple of months with your sweet little baby, okay few years with Annie, but you're doing something right. The people in Abu Dhabi seem a little competitive don't they? At least they always win. Heck if you can't win 'um join 'um.

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Sorry, but I don't think your dignity has been fully restored yet.