Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jackson Hole!

Friday the 11th was my birthday. And since Roo didn't want to get me flowers, he got me a trip instead.  I got to skip work and we stopped by his parents' property in Pocatello to pick them up. We shot some guns to get into the western spirit. Then we drove to our condo--it was on the road between Jackson and Teton Village. I hadn't been to this area since I was seven, and I was amazed by how breathtaking it is! We had such a relaxing weekend just driving around Teton National Park,  eating amazing food, and shopping.  We spent my birthday evening at the Bar J Ranch. They serve a chuckwagon meal and do a Disneyland-esque cowboy show. It was good for a laugh. Saturday Roo and I got adventurous--we took a two man inflatable kayak down the Snake River. Thankfully we had a guide (the most relaxed river bum ever), because we went over some pretty huge rapids! It was fun--I think...(I can't really remember having fun because we were so intent on paddling. It was so exhausting! I've never been so sore!) I never thought much of Wyoming--but my opinion has definitely changed! This is one of the most stunning places I have ever been.

We all had such a good time together! Thank you Sandi and Reed! Year 22 is off to a great start!



3 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Very cool. Looks like fun. I liked the shot of Lando hiding under the truck.

TJ said...

I liked Lando under the truck too. Your a regular Annie (Oakly), ha ha

The Marcons said...

Glad you had such a fun birthday! The first and only time I went down the snake was in a raft like your challenger. It was a lot of fun. A little harry tho.